Dec 30, 2012

Until the Sun Falls From the Sky (The Three #1) by Kristen Ashley



Buy the book:


Author’s:


Book summary: 

"Leah Buchanan’s family has been in service to vampires for five centuries. Even so, Leah wants nothing to do with her family’s legacy but when she’s summoned to her Selection by the Vampire Dominion, under familial pressure, she has no choice but to go.

Lucien has been living under the strict edicts of the Vampire Dominion for centuries but he’s tired of these ancient laws stripping away everything that is the essence of the vampire.

So he’s taking it back.

And this is because Lucien has also been watching and waiting for decades for Leah to become available for a Selection and he will not be limited with what he can do with her. He will have her, all of her.

Therefore, Lucien is going to tame Leah, even if he gets hunted and killed for doing it.
What neither Leah nor Lucien expects is the strong bond that will form between them, connecting them on unprecedented levels for mortals or immortals. And what will grow between them means they will challenge their ways of life and their union will begin the Prophesies which makes them one of three couples who will save humanity… or die in the effort."

 Rating: 

Review: 

"Until the end of days. Until the sun falls from the sky."
 I AM SO HAPPPYYYY!
That ending was so AWESOME!! Ah God, it's been a long time a book made me just plain happy, that put a smile on my face that just wouldn't quit.

You remember the time when you were reading your first paranormal book? Your first vampire or werewolf or fantasy book? And you were like: This. Is so COOL!? That is a feeling, I think, a person doesn't forget. It happened to me with Kresley Cole and her Immortals After Dark series(this book reminded me of that series a lot, so I strongly recommend it to Cole fans) and I still remember the excitement while I was reading it. Later, I got used to the world of fantasy and everything was pretty much similar. Very few pnr books had something original and the charm was lost. But this book? Until the Sun Falls from the Sky brought that feeling back! Kristen Ashley built a simply amazing paranormal world! I loved everything about it! From the Selection, the vampire and concubine relationship, mating, relationship between vampires and humans and all to the History and the Revolution, the laws, the Council and especially the process of feeding which was explained in quite a logical way. All in all, I couldn't imagine a better setting.

But lets get back to the beginning. The problem starts right there.
The book started interesting, Leah Buchanan was attending her first Selection, or an event were vampire can pick their concubine for the purpose of feeding. Buchanans have a reputation of the best concubines and Leah threatens that because the has no intention of being food for some stupid vampire she doesn't even know. She's stubborn, sassy, determined and very, and I mean very, immature. At first, it was a little annoying how teenage-y she acted. If you really don't like this type of character at all, then maybe this book isn't for you. I usually don't and it took a great deal of time to get used to her hard-headed nature. But eventually, I began to like how tough, strong, intelligent and unwavering she was, how she didn't give in to Lucien. The guy really had to work for it. That he was "taming" her was at first very wrong but later you just see the beauty of it. ;)

"It was about me submitting to what he was.
I had to accept him, in all his bossy, domineering vampire-ness and the other sweet or gentle or generous parts besides.
He wasn’t taming me.
He was taming that part in me that held me away from his differentness. He was showing me who he was, what he was, how he behaved and I had to accept it, all of
it, without him being anything but Lucien.
You live your day-to-day life hiding the essence of who you are; you don’t want to let someone into that life who won’t accept you for that same thing." 

Now Lucien. He was mostly one big enigma. He is this centuries old vampire, very controlling (which really bothered me, he had an ability to make people do something and he used that on Leah. A lot! That's a really big NO in my book.), he's possessive, he lied to her repeatedly, he isolated her, forced her to do things, spanked her for God's sake, and not in the sexy way! I really didn't like him in the first half.
But he's also the sweetest alpha male I have ever read about. The way he finds Leah adorable, the way only she can make this overly serious vampire smile and laugh. When Leah does something nice for him, it's like he has a taste of heaven. He desired and waited for her for twenty years and he got more than he imagined or asked for. The way he hugs her and cuddles with her, how he's very protective of her.. Argh! See what I mean? All this together is very confusing.

The book is really long - you must have a little patience with ti and too much has happened to reflect on all of it but Leah went through a lot, even full-on hated Lucien(I did too), she came across many things and learned many things about her vampire (it does take a lot to understand an 800 year old creature and let me tell you, I was shocked at times). But in the second half of the book he lost all the bad qualities and became the best hero. I liked them both and how their romance had grown. I considered giving the book 5 stars because of the amazing second half of the book but there are just too much bad things from the first half.
Oh, and how could I forget - this book was really hot! KA can write amazing sex scenes if not anything else. You could never go wrong with an alpha vampire ;)

Kristen Ashley wrote many books but I only read one more before and that was Knight. I had a lot of problems with it, like the style of writing and the hero, that I have now too, especially the writing - it was sometimes very tiring. You either like it, bear with it because of the plot or really hate it. But this story was very detailed and complex and I give much credit to the author because of it. So I'm just going to say that reading this book - sometimes you're gonna suffer but you'll be happy about it. So, so, so happy!:D Well, at least in the end.

There are two more certain stories to happen for a certain prophesy comes true so I go on to the next story about a Werewolf king and his mortal that was published not too long ago. Totally looking forward to it

Until next time,
Iva

2 comments:

  1. I've read only one book by K. Ashley and I didn't like it that much. I'll give this one a chance just because of you. But if I don't like it... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it made you happy and had a great ending.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...