Apr 23, 2013

Real (Real, Raw & Ripped #1) by Katy Evans


Buy the book:

Author's:


Book summary:

"A fallen boxer.
A woman with a broken dream.
A competition…

He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting…

Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I’ve ever met in my life.

He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong–but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents . . .

But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me.

I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations.

If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?"

Rating: 



Review:

I'll be honest - when I came across this book on GoodReads while it wasn't still published I thought I won't read it. New Adult is disappointing me very much lately and I'm tired of the same old stuff - the hot guy, possibly a musician or some famous, sexiest guy in the world or whatever and the good, innocent girl, possibly virgin for some reason when she's soooooo HOT! Throw in some dark past and good sex and voila!
This book sounded something like it would turn into. I decided I wouldn't read it.
But then all these people started raving about it and my page was full of updates with how awesome (even though sexually frustrating) it is. And I said : What the heck! I'll try it."

Now let me tell you something. "Real" may sound like a typical NA and maybe it started like that but it, totally unexpectedly, turned out to be so much better!!



First we have the the setting - Brooke got draged to an underground fight by her friend  to watch some hot fighter that makes every womans panties wet. Remington Tate is the embodiment of a fighting machine with more energy and muscle then anyone.



And he gets entranced by our little Brooke watching his fight. As unrealistic as it sounds, it was quite cool and even cute how he jumped out of the ring to get to Brooke. And ladies? It was the moment I began to fall in love with this story with just one line...

“He just fucked my name right in front of me”

Oh my...

Then Brooke started touring with Remy helping him with his traning, massaging that perfect body... Oh my again...

But as sexy as the book sounds, other thing made me fall in love with it.
It started with two beautiful songs.

 

Iris by Goo Goo Dolls is my ultimate, favorite love song EVER! I said it once and I'll say it again, if a guy ever played this amazing song to me I think I'd marry him. It's not just so deep and emotional, it is beautiful and passionate and it's a haunting, desperate, strong melody singing about need. Need for love, need for understanding, need for help, for comfort and everything a person needs in other. Remington Tate needed Brooke to understand him, accept him and heal him.

“Why’d you want to have sex with me? To have a fucking adventure? What was I supposed to be? Your one-night-fucking stand? I’m every woman’s adventure, damn you, and I don’t want to be yours. I want to be your fucking REAL. You get that? If I fuck you, I want you to belong to me. To be mine. I want you to give yourself to me—not Riptide!” 




 *getting emotional over here*

I love, love LOVED the fight scene when he would always smile at her sitting in the front row, dedicating to her every powerful move of his body. It was sexy but also romantic. But the most amazing scenes are when they play each other music. It was their one true way of comunicating.

Because Remy is as emotional as he is tough. There's a little fragile heart hiding behind that cocky exterior. And you cannot imagine how bad it is. At first I really didn't like how Remy spoke so little. It wasn't only even playing mysterious anymore. It was just plain little talk. It bothered many and it did me too, but once I got the whole picture I understood and it made me sad. But playing the songs was his way of treasuring Brooke and their relationship.

And here we come to the second song.

 

Avril Lavigne - "I love you"
A PERFECT SONG for this couple. Shit.. I'm getting tears in my eyes again.


You just have to read it to truly experience it.


Another thing too - I think that Brooke mentioned and described Remy's body on almost every page but you know what? It didn't bother me. It actually amused me and made me bite my lips. Why? It never got old. The author really has an enormous vocabulary when it comes to a man's physique
“There he is, a woman's living, breathing fantasy, doing his slow, cocky turn, spiky black hair, darkly tanned chest, dimpled smile-killer smile-all in the package of Remington Tate. He's perfection itself, and a new surge of hormones sweeps through me as I do what the rest of the crowd does and take in his visual, so blatantly on display in those low riding boxing shorts and so strikingly sexy, he becomes the center of my attention."


And the damned frustration! So much foreplay I think I died for a moment screaming "HAVE SEX ALREADY!" And when it happened?
Ohhhhhh if you can see me now, you'd see me moaning and panting just remembering it...

“His head is busy moving between my parted thighs. He makes low purr-like sounds between my legs and is so surprisingly ravenous I can feel his teeth. His nails bit into my thighs as he devours me like he's the one deriving pleasure from the act, and I'm so turned on by the way he laps me up, that I come.” 
Now THIS man is an Alpha. Forget those possessive, rich CEOs. Remington Tate is your true fantasy.
 
And it's so amazing how the style of writing that always kicks you, always winning some kind of reaction in the reader. You can't read one page sitting there indifferently. I was so surprised with how passionate it is.
I never imagined that this little book that I hadn't even planned to read made me cry. Actually cry.

 That is all. But only for now. I'll just go find a time machine to get me the next book because I needed it yeasterday!

Until next time lovers,

1 comment:

  1. Can you please suggest some similar books to this one?

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...