Sep 21, 2013

Wicked Heat (Feel the Heat, #1) by Nicola Marsh




Buy the book:
Author's:
My rating: 4.5 stars

***Copy of the book was provided by publisher, Entangled Brazen, in exchange for honest review.***






Book summary:

"Competitors by day, lovers by night…
Allegra Wilks has had the worst month of her personal and professional life. To save her company, she must go on her would-be honeymoon and land the luxury eco-island resort’s lucrative advertising account. But when a lingerie mishap leads her into the arms of a wickedly distracting Australian, Allegra’s tempted to skip the trip and explore the most sensual kiss she’s ever experienced. Too bad their chance encounter at the airport is just that.

Having recently lost his company to his former best friend’s shady business tactics, Jett Alcott is headed to a South Pacific resort to secure an advertising account that will resurrect his reputation and career. Realizing the tantalizing Allegra Wilks is on his flight, Jett envisions a week filled with business and pleasure. But Jett doesn’t know Allegra’s fighting for the same account, or that there’s more at stake than his heart."


     For starters, I have a confession to make. I love Australia. I love it since the first time I watched Heartbreak High, I think I was eleven years old, and I experienced my first fangirling moment. And don't let me start with amazing authors such as Melina Marchetta, Cath Crowley and Lucy Christopher. Now you understand why I just had to read Wicked Heat. Oh, and this: Jett Alcott looks like Alex O'Loughlin

     Story & Characters. Nicola Marsh is one smart woman. Why? Because she uses the best advantage she has - being a woman means that you know woman's heart and her secret desires really, really well. If you are a writer and your genre of choice is romance, that is something that will help you a lot if you use it wisely. Wicked Heat has everything that makes a good mainstream romance novel:
  1.  lovable female character that will not annoy you and with who you can relate,
  2.  male character that will make you swoon and "ohh" and "ahh", strong, but not too dominant.
     Main focus is on Allegra and Jett. It's all about their relationship, so it's understandable that very little part of the story deals with other characters. They are all in the background, which is good because Wicked Heat wouldn't be a good if it wasn't a case. I would say that this book is perfect choice for beach, but considering rain and low temperatures these last few days, it looks that summer is behind us. But don't let that stop you! If you are allergic on rain (*shivers*) like me, you need to read something that will keep you in your happy, sunny place.  

     But what I liked the most was way too hot part of this book. Of course.;) It is beautifully written without all of the sex-talk that you find in erotic romances - stupid lines is what I hate the most in this type of the books. And, man, Jett Alcott knows how to talk! In the bed and outside of it.

   One tiny little bit detail that I find lacking is the ending - certain parts of it were rushed, but still, that wasn't something that will make me diss Wicked Heat.

     What should you do? Nicola Marsh is writing second book of Feel the Heat series. Wanton Heat will be out sometime around beginning of 2014. which means that you have more than enough time to prepare yourself and meet Aussie hunk, Jett. Now, go, read! And tell me all about it!

xoxo

12 comments:

  1. Sounds great especially the "female character who will not annoy you" :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a big deal for me because it is hard to find main female character that you will love. I find that a little bit surprising considering that most of the authors of romance novels are women - you'd think that they should know better, but it looks like they don't.

      Delete
  2. I like the sound of this, Glass! I have a special fondness for all things Australian as well. Love Marchettta, Crowley, and I was addicted to a TV series called McLeod's Daughters. Hot cowboys, gorgeous ranch, and of course, lots of romantic drama. I'll have to pick this story up. Non-annoying heroine and sexy talking Jett sounds like a combo I'll enjoy! Great review, Glass. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched that show too.:DDD Love it.
      Thank you Rachel, I hope you will like it.

      Delete
  3. You had me hooked on characters who don't annoy you. I've been reading a few books where one or more of the characters in the book are just, ugh! But I've been curious about this one! Great review :)

    Janina @ Synchronized Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's usually a girl that we want to kick as hard as we can. Hmmm... That would be a really interesting social study theme.

      Delete
  4. Allegra and Jett sound great, so glad you enjoyed this one, and I love the setting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is perfect choice if you want to read something fun and relaxing.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the fab review, Glass.

    Like you, one of my pet hates as a reader is a weak female, so I make it a point to write strong willed women for my heroines.

    I think it's something readers really like, because one of my strongest willed heroines ever (in a book for another publisher) scooped 2 major awards this year.

    There's something infinitely appealing about a woman who knows what she wants and isn't afraid to go after it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations, Nicola.
      I hope your next book will be even better.:)

      Delete
  6. Great review!!! I just read this about a week ago & really really enjoyed it as well. I also mentioned in my review that Allegra never annoyed me. Such a refreshing character.
    Hope you have a great week (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy I'm not the only one who liked her.
      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...