Dec 29, 2013

Take Me On (Ross Siblings, #4) by Cherrie Lynn

Buy The Book:

Author's Page:

Genre:
CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE

Summary on Goodreads:

The consequences of a moment can last a lifetime.

Gabriella Ross suffered every bride’s worst nightmare: a no-show groom. Now summer stretches before her with nowhere to go but home, at least until it’s time to go back to medical school.

Determined to prove she might be down but definitely not out, she chucks all her old plans in favor of having a good time—starting with giving herself a pair of wings. Tattooed wings, that is, in the form of aphoenix on her back.

When everyone else at Dermamania chickens out at the prospect of putting the gorgeous, perfect skin of the boss’s big sister under the needle, Ian Rhodes finds himself stepping up. Then unexpectedly connecting with her through tears that have nothing to do with the pain of getting inked.

Attraction flares into one hot night that was supposed to stay that way—single, and secret. But best laid plans have a way of getting blown out of the water. Now two perfect strangers must plan for a very different future…beginning with whether there’s enough common ground to spend it together.

Rating:


***REVIEW***

"Are you o.k.?" he blurted, and though he wasn't talking about the pain of the needle, she would probably take it that way. "Fine."
"I guess what I mean is...why the phoenix?"
"I'm rising from the ashes."

drop dead gorgeous male protagonists from your wildest wet dreams, covered in tattoos, who know to play/ sing or have body piercings in the most interesting places, plus they excel in dirty talking- oh yessss, I was so ready for this book to leave me breathless and happy just like the last one -> Leave Me Breathless #3 REVIEW, even though I knew that it will be hard to top the awesomeness of that book, but I still kept my fingers crossed. 

Unfortunately, that kind of didn't happen. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad read, but after the last one which was amazing, this one IMO kind of felt flat in comparison. The book had potential- the beginning and the characters were interesting and the circumstances that brought them together. It was fun for a change to read  about older woman falling for a younger guy (she's 36, he's 28), even though I prefer it the other way around.

She'd had it all, her entire life mapped out with her usual meticulous precision. Successful husband. House in Highland Park. Successful career.
Kids as soon it was feasible. It was her life, and she was supposed to be living it right now. But fate, the fickle bitch, had dropped her into some fucking alternate universe.


Another good thing is that the book had a likable main female protagonist...well, most of the time. I like strong and brave woman who aren't afraid to speak their mind and take charge and Gabriella was one of those. She was "the aggressor" in their relationship which was another big plus, but she did kind of disappoint (read: infuriate me) me towards the ending. Ian was just like the rest of the main male characters- every second girl's wet dream if you like them mysterious & its-not-you-its-me type. I prefer more outgoing people, but then again- how not to love a guy with nipple rings *_*? Damn, I know I have to stop reading these books, because right now nipple rings and pierced pe*** are ranked pretty high on my list what I look for in a guy and I don't think I can ask a guy that...at least not on the 1st date, lol. Another thing that I liked apart nipple rings is that the characters from previous books also make appearance in this one (Brian, Candace, Ghost, Evan etc.), but the books can still be read as standalones. My biggest complain is that after them two met, everything felt rushed. Not a fan of insta-love relationship- period. If I were still in high school I would probably have loved it, but now it just felt too unrealistic. I know, I know- I suck at romance.

She wanted to give herself over. She didn't want to think about anything except him and what he was doing to her. His kiss pulled the breath from her lungs. His tongue quested for entrance, and she gave it. Just beneath the seductive flavor that was uniquely his, she tasted alcohol, and it intoxicated her as much as if she'd drunk it herself. But that was him, she knew, making her body feel light, making her feel as if she floated in the darkness. And then she was...

And yeah- a lot of steamy scenes. Maybe even too much. After awhile they kind of felt repetitive. I mean- same old missionary position all over again xD. IMO if you're going to write an erotic romance where sex scenes take around 50 % or even more of the book, be a little more imaginative and I know that Cherrie Lynn is more than imaginative in that department. 

All in all, the book was o.k., an easy & quick read with almost none drama, but the previous is still my favorite one and Ghost is still my No. 1 naughty boy . 

I know what you make me feel. I know how you make me feel.
At the same time, though...I can't put myself in a position to get hurt like that again. I mean, I lost everything. And it wasn't even mine.

XOXO

4 comments:

  1. It's on the wishlist! I've read some like that where the book before is so amazing that really it's hard for the next book to compete. It still sounds pretty good though. I've read some older heroine-younger heroes and really liked them. And with ya on the pierced naughty bits! I LOVE finding a hero with those. But, yeah, asking in real life?? ::snort:: Well, it would be an interesting convo for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it would be a VERY interesting convo :D. Who knows, what I learned so far is that unlike girls it is very hard to embarrass a guy, at least those I've dated. I can imagine a guy asking that, but a girl not so much.

      These series are fun, hope you like'll like them.

      Delete
  2. I've read this series few days ago, and I have to say that it surprised me - I loved last the books, Rock Me was a weakest for me.
    LOL, I'm with you, girl, wen it comes to piercings on certain body parts. Damn... I wonder...:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm...The weakest for me was probably the 1st one- Unleashed.

      I had no doubts that you are ;D

      Delete

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...