Jul 2, 2014

Five Miles (Gypsy Brothers, #3) by Lili St. Germain

Buy The Book:

Author's Page:

Genre:
Contemporary Romance

Summary on Goodreads:

My father taught me the importance of an eye for an eye—a cardinal rule, ingrained in every club member.

A life for a life.

Seven lives in payment for an unimaginable list of sins.

People might wonder why I’m doing this. If this vengeance is borne from some noble cause. If I’m trying to prevent others from suffering at the hands of Dornan Ross and his sons.

But I’m no selfless vigilante.

I’m doing this for me. I’m doing it because I want to.

I’m doing this because I just want to be able to sleep at night without seeing their faces.

This is the fate they have earned. The penance for their crimes.

Time to send some of these brothers off with a bang.

RATING:


***REVIEW***


"Juliette," he whispers, and the way he says my name, my real name, sets my soul alight. 

I... I don't...This book broke my poor, battered heart so many times, but as an incurable masochist reader I still loved every emotional slap it threw my way. This installment was the best in the series so far. Action-packed, suspenseful, fucked-up, heart-wrenching & darker than ever. This installment will make your heart bleed and the non-stop suspense will leave you one step away from a heart-attack, but you'll love it, I promise. 

"Even the best-laid plans can go awry."

The last strike of vengeance Julie inflicted on Ross's family left their world in utter chaos. It almost costed her her own life and the jury is still out about that question, but it wasn't enough and it will never be enough. Oh Julie, Julie...You were so high on your first victory, that this time, you miscalculated some steps in your plan and look where that got you. The role of Samantha she took upon herself is becoming a bigger burden with every next step, but that's the thing when you're all alone and have nothing to lose. We all may judge her because of all things she was willing to do in order get a piece of her revenge, but it's impossible not to feel sorry for her, especially after we find out more secrets, lies and betrayals in this book. And Dornan...I *beep* hate that guy! His obsession with her is stronger than ever and the everyday psychotic games he put her through were...let's just say I hope Julie will make them suffer for every drop of blood they spilled.

"People might wonder why I'm doing this...
...The truth is, I'm doing this for me.
I'm doing this because I like it.
I'm doing it because the look on Maxi's face, and Chad's, 
when I killed them, was a balm to my soul.
I'm doing this, because this is what they all deserve."

Jase is still a mystery. We still don't now his reasons for sticking to Dornan for so many years and I'm dying to find out what it is and keeping my fingers crossed that it will be something redeemable, because just like Julie, I'm starting to fall for him, even though I still like Elliot too, but don't worry, there is no love triangle here. It was indisputable right from the first book who is in Julie's heart, but it remains to be seen, if there's a chance for them to be happy after all tragic and horrific events they've been trough and still have to endure.

Another thing which is indisputable is that the book is well-written. The writing style is getting better and better with every next installment. And the ending... Omg! So emotional & heart-breaking... It brought tears to my eyes...but I loved it! It was high time for *that* to happen. The next book has the potential to be epic! As I already said- highly recommend this to every lover of dark romance out there. If you like dark, provoking & sensual stories with tortured heroes then this is the book for you. I'm off to the next one, be still my heart ;)

"Even after all this time, even beyond my supposed death, 
he is still the boy I want to spend the rest of my life with.
And two, after they're all dead...if he can't forgive me for what I've done...
I won't have anything to live for anymore..."

 XOXO

5 comments:

  1. Oh I have the first one in this series. Is it the same people in every installment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a series about the same people, so you should start from the first one.
      Hope you're gonna like it.*fingers crossed*

      The first one is the weakest in my opinion, but it gets better with every next one.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, I love the emotional journey this took you own. I am off to look up book one!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...