Sep 13, 2014

Review: TAMED (Tangled, #3) by Emma Chase






Buy links:


Connect with the author:








Book summary:

Stop me if you’ve heard this one before: girl meets player, they fall in love, player changes his ways.

It’s a good story. But it’s not our story. Ours is a lot more colorful.

When I met Dee I knew right away that she was special. When she met me, she thought I was anything but special—I was exactly like every other guy who’d screwed her over and let her down. It took some time to convince her otherwise, but turns out I can make a convincing argument when sex is at stake.

You might know where this story’s headed. But the best part isn't where we ended up.

It’s how we got there.


TAMED goes back in time to the Tangled days. But this time around, it’s not Drew dishing out the advice and opinions—it’s his best friend Matthew, who of course is dealing with Dee Dee.





 
 My rating:  ✮✮✮✮


My review:


Just like with Twisted, I had my doubts about Tamed. Tangled is a tough act to follow. But just like Twisted turned out to be better than I had expected, so did Tamed. It had a different feel than the previous books; it was more relaxed, and sweet, without the excess drama Drew & Kate's story was full of, and dare I say, it was the book in this series I enjoyed most.

If you've read Holy Frigging Matrimony: A Tangled Series Short Story, then you know where Matthew & Dee's relationship, that was blooming in Tangled, ended up. But as Matthew pointed out, the best part isn't that. It's how they got there. And Matthew is not a liar.

Lust is easy. Clear. Exhilarating.
Love is messy. Confusing. Sometimes scary.
Lust is powerful. Primal. Driving.
Love is dubious. Transitory. It can fuck with your head.

My apologies to Drew, but I think I like Matthew more. Matthew is a man, a mature man. I loved reading a book from his point of view, full of his opinions, observations, and advices.

Of course, my favorite part was his relationship with Dee Dee. This is a romance, after all. The patience he seemed to posses was extraordinary. Not to mention he was reading Delores like an open book. It was impressive. A weaker man would have given up. Dee Dee was expecting it; after so many bad experiences, she stopped believing she'd find a decent man. Her distrust led to a few incidents. There was a bit of jumping to conclusions going on, but Matthew, the class act, handled it beautifully. Damn, I think I'm in love with him a little.

What I found interesting was that all that was happening at the same time as the Drew & Kate drama. I liked seeing some of the events through Matthew's eyes. It gave a different perspective, a more realistic one, because like we've seen, Drew sees things a bit "differently". The most fun was all the time Matthew spend in front of Drew's apartment trying to get him to talk, which happened right before Tangled.

Filling in some blanks was nice, but the story of Matthew and Dee was much nicer. It gave me warm fuzzy, feelings (thank you, Matthew), and from time to time I was even misty-eyed. Why? I'm not sure. Let's say it was the Matthew effect. He did stick with Dee even when she was pushing him with both hands, and he did make her trust again, so I think it's understandable.

All in all, a lovely romance that makes me smile every time I think of it.


Happy reading, everyone!

 
XOXO
 

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I'll read it, in spite of your lovely review. I loved Tangled because of Drew's point of view and all the humor. I also loved Holy friggin' matrimony. But as much as Drew looks like a likeable character, I don't think I could stand Dee and the "jumping to conclusion" parts. Drew's patience might be admirable, but I'm certain she'd wear mine lol !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Tangled because of Drew, too, but Matthew managed to win me over. :)

      Well, soon you'll have Tied to enjoy more of Drew's POV.

      Delete
  2. Aw yay. Always nice when that happens and once you weren't sure about win you over :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. I was so skeptical about these books, but I liked them more than I could have imagined. :)

      Delete

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...