Apr 27, 2015

Review: BLOOD & ROSES (Shadow Stalkers, #3) by Sylvia Day



Summary:

When insurance investigator Anastasia Miller sets out to retrieve the rose-hued pink diamonds stolen in a recent heist, she finds herself working alongside former flame, deputy U.S. Marshal Jake Monroe—the man she loved enough to leave behind.
 



 
Buy links:
Connect with the author:



My review:


3 stars.

Blood and Roses is supposedly book three in this series, but it really is a standalone. All of these stories are, actually. And while the characters from the first two appear in both of them, everything in Blood and Roses is completely new. Well, there is one familiar character being mentioned several times: Gideon Cross, you might remember him. ;) He never made an actual appearance, unfortunately, but did play a part in the plot off the pages. A valuable crown was stolen, and a guard shot in the robbery of a jewelry store that's Cross Industries property, and Anastasia Miller was called to investigate. So it happened what she found made her believe her family was involved, which brought her back to her hometown, and to her first and only love, Jake Monroe.

I'm all for second chances, and I've said in my review of Taking the Heat how much I love that type of romance novels, but with Anastasia and Jake it's ten years that they were pining after each other, when, of course, they could have made it work. It's too much even for me. I suppose they were lucky that heist happened even if it did put their families in danger.

I don't have much more to say about this story. It's super short, so everything happened super quickly: Ana & Jake falling into each other's arms, getting their family members out of life threatening situation, finding the diamonds... all of it, really. But since I was looking for something like this: short, hot, that doesn't cause anxiety, or tears, I was mostly fine with it. By now I pretty much know what I'll find in any story penned by Sylvia Day, and sometimes that's a good thing, I guess...


 
Until next time, happy reading!


XOXO
 






2 comments:

  1. Yes. That doesn't make any sense, doesn't it? I mean why wait ten years? Were they now physically capable? Sigh. I'm curios about this story line, regardless. And the mere mention of Gideon Cross gives me the goosebumps. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was one of those love stories where one character leaves the other because they believe it's the right thing to do. Ana left Jake because he was a cop, and her whole family was involved in illegal activities, and she didn't want to put him in a situation where he would have to go against his duties because of her. I get it, but I still hate it when one person decides what's best for the other without asking them. Ten years is definitely too much, but it probably would have been even longer had her job not taken her to her hometown. On the bright side, they are still young, so they have plenty of time to make up for the lost time.
      Gideon Cross--yes, the name is enough. :)

      Delete

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...