Aug 27, 2015

ARC REVIEW: The Moment of Letting Go By J. A. Redmerski

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Buy The Book:
Amazon / B&N / iBook / GooglePlay / Kobo / BAM
Connect With The Author:
Website / Facebook / Twitter / Goodreads 
Synopsis On Goodreads:
You can follow the rules or you can follow your heart...

THE MOMENT OF LETTING GO


Sienna Murphy never does anything without a plan. And so far her plans have been working. Right after college, she got a prestigious job and gained the stability she'd always craved-until work takes her to the sun-drenched shores of Oahu and places her in the path of sexy surfer Luke Everett. For the first time, she lets her heart take control. Drawn to his carefree charm, she makes a spontaneous and very un-Sienna-like decision to drop everything and stay in Hawaii for two more weeks.

Luke lives fast and wild. When he meets Sienna, he's convinced that some no-strings-attached fun is just what she needs. As their nights quickly turn from playful to passionate, Luke can't deny the deep connection he feels. But there's a reason Luke doesn't do long-term. He can't promise Sienna forever, when the enormity of his past has shown him just how fragile the future can be . . . 

RATING: 3/5 stars

*** REVIEW ***

"Most of people never let their feet leave the ground, whether they're afraid of heights, or afraid of hospitals, or they stay in the same place all their life because they're afraid of change. So many people go through life on the ground and die without ever knowing that they can fly."


You know that one perfect read from the author you like you keep comparing his/her every next book? Well, that type of read is In the Company of Killers series by Redmerski for me. Therefore, while I did like this book, at the same time it didn't manage to dethrone ItCoK. 
Having said that The Moment of Letting Go is a well-written, slow-building and emotional contemporary romance about two people helping each other conquer their biggest fears while at the same time falling in love.  The main characters are a 22 year old event coordinator Sienna Murphy and 24 year old surf instructor Luke Everett who accidentaly meet in one of the most beautiful and romantic places in the world- Hawaii. The whole plot is focused on them slowly getting to know each other, learning from each other and starting a romance with a few "bumps" in the way of their happiness. It's a fairly light read without bigger drama which is probably one of my main reasons for 3 stars rating, because I prefer more complex and thrilling stories. The charcaters were likable and relatable enough, but overall, I don't know, I guess I failed to connect to them on some deeper level.

Life is too short and uncertain to live it in a cage paralized by fear. We all need more moments of letting go of our fears and worries in life, taking risks and just enjoying life to its fullest, otherwise we'll die with all those "what ifs" haunting us in the afterlife. That's the thought-provoking and inspirational message of the story which I think anyone of us can relate to, but the book as a whole was a 3 stars read for me. I would recommend it to romance junkies who are fans of light, sweet and emotional love stories or if  you are more of a romance suspense/ dark thriller fan like me- I higly recommend Redmerski's ItCoK series.

xoxo,

Purple

6 comments:

  1. I haven't had much luck with Redmerski's books after her debut. I can see why In the Company of Killers will appeal to you, though. And while I do like romance with a little bit of drama from time to time, I too, appreciate the kind with a bit more layers.

    Lovely review, hun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joy! :)

      You're probably refering to her book Edge Of Never. I haven't read that book yet, because I've seen many mixed reviews from my GR friends. Glass didn't like it either, but she did like ItCoK.

      Delete
  2. I'll be reading ITCoK very soon, so excited ! I'm sorry that novel wasn't as good as you expected :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, can't wait to see what you'll think about it! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I don't mind a light romance from time to time. Especially when I'm on drama and angst overload. Wonderful review, Purple! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In that case you shoud definitely try this book. I'm afraid I'm one of those readers who prefer a little edginess in my romances.

      Thanks, Rachel! :)

      Delete

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...